Who We Are:
Starface World is reinventing the way we care for acne-prone skin as the first complexion brand to combine efficacy and optimism. We take skincare concerns that were once thought of as flaws and translate them into an opportunity for expression.
Starface World is a positively uplifting place where everyone is safe & accepted exactly as they are. We support causes and do our own work in the world to help build a better, more supportive universe. The same thinking applies to the way we care for skin: we don’t identify flaws or imperfections, we just nurture what’s there—it’s perfect because it’s all just skin.
Our team is a small (but growing) group of committed individuals who are passionate, empathetic, creative, and eager to learn. We are committed to a sustained focus on diversity, equity, anti-racism, and inclusion.
We are looking for an innovative and proactive Manager of Regulatory and Product Development to join the Starface team! Reporting to the Head of Product, this position will be critical in defining new product concepts and benchmarks for the brand as well as following up on regulatory documentation as we go global.
This position is an exciting opportunity to contribute to upcoming launches while learning about the beauty industry. The ideal candidate will have experience leading regulatory initiatives within the Cosmetics or Personal Care industries and is located on the West Coast.
Some of the day-to-day:
Partner with the Head of Product, Founder and Marketing to define new products concepts and benchmarks
- Create and manage product briefs to finalize concepts, research and define the products feasibility and development parameters
Work closely with the Head of Product to evaluate formula submissions and provide feedback and re-directs and select submissions to be presented back to key stakeholders
Work with with the Head of Product to define testing protocol for the company and associated timelines, including creating processes, tools and overseeing all product testing execution (safety, efficacy, consumer panels, etc)
- Manage the reformulation of products that need to be reformulated in line with company strategy and regulations
- Work closely with operations team to help develop packaging options in sync with formula/texture
Work closely with with the Head of Product and Regulatory to define quality standards
- Participate in reviewing copy for packaging and managing artwork briefs for products and releasing that artwork to all suppliers for PPS submits before passing to Operations for PO
- Responsible for researching new ingredients, textures, products and packaging to allow for greater innovation
- Understand the competitive landscape by analyzing ratings and reviews by category, reviewing social media commentary and coordinating with Brand Management on sales analysis by category
Actively participate in brainstorming sessions with the Head of Product
- Attend and lead briefing sessions with cross-functional team members to align on product reviews, timelines and launch plans
- Write and publish the Product Profile defining full concept, product features, benefits/claims, and keys ingredients and present it along with the product to key cross-functional teams
Ensure that with the Head of Product cost of goods meet given cost targets during Product Development, in accordance with the brand's strategy and regulatory goals
- Work with the team to ensure launches are kept on target and all timelines are accurate
- Work closely with key partners to ensure regulatory compliance of product formula and claims for existing and emerging new markets
Support with the Head of Product to provide answers to the PR & Communications team for press questions regarding formula, ingredients, efficacy
- Assist in Reviewing all batch submissions as needed, including on-site approvals whenever necessary
- Monitor and maintain on-time delivery of critical project milestones
- Organize and maintain all lab samples, master standards
- Create and manage multiple spreadsheets and checklists that hold key information and keep track of projects and key product information
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Regulatory and Product Development in cosmetics, personal care, lifestyle or related category
- 2-3 years of experience in regulatory affairs in a cosmetic or personal care products company, additional experience in quality control
- Experience and strong relationships with domestic and international suppliers
- Passion for beauty
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects through strong prioritization and planning
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Ability to work in fast-paced, ever-changing, collaborative environment
- Interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheets and Dropbox
- Located in or comfortable working in the PT time zone.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
Starface is an Equal Opportunity Employer where the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. We believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Starface is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.